September 25, 2015

Roman Treasures

If you follow us on instagram you probably saw I was recently in Italy for a work trip - or my #romanworkaday as I called it.



For the record, work travel looks more glamorous on social media than it is in real life, but I'll take it. I love travel and anything that brings me some place old or new. Fortunately our hotel was at the top of the Spanish Steps right in the center of all of Rome's best shopping. And I had to find time to do my part for the Italian economy. Before I left, I knew the one store I definitely wanted to visit was Mario Luca Giusti.


And as I've shared in previous posts, I inherited my mom's love for dishes, and they do them right. And while you can't tell from their incredibly eye-catching displays, the products are all acrylic. Mom readers, who says you can't have beautiful dishes your kids can use too! 


It was so hard to pick what I wanted because I wanted IT ALL. Fortunately or unfortunately I'd carried on my luggage leaving little room to bring anything home so I had to go with something small and stackable. The "Double Face" glasses are perfect for outdoor or everyday. Note to shoppers, while you can get their products in the U.S. they are much less expensive in Italy. I"ll definitely be adding to my collection next time I head that way. 


Two spots I didn't actually buy anything, but wanted to (thank you carry-on luggage) were Ballerette and Francesco Rogani. 


Ballerette had the most amazing assortment of flats I've ever seen at quite reasonable prices. 


Francesco Rogani was a stop recommended by a trusted, fashionable friend. If you're looking for beautiful Italian leather, they've got some incredible hand bags. And since they are only in Rome, it's highly unlikely anyone else will be carrying it (always a bonus in my book). They too are right near the Spanish Steps. 


Stay tuned for an update on where we ate! Ciao! 

No comments:

Post a Comment