July 23, 2015

C&C in the Kitchen

Early sunday morning the Mini Fashionista and I were enjoying some time together when we realized that our bananas were looking pretty tired. So I asked her what she wanted to bake with them, and her response was "banana bread."

I've made this Paleo Banana Bread recipe a few times before and have since altered it slightly into my own recipe (below). This bread is spongy and moist and totally delicious. And what I love most about it is the complete absence of any sweetener besides the bananas! In the words of the Kix commercial, this bread is "kid tested, mother approved".

Happy Baking!

Spongy Banana Bread
Ingredients
4 ripe bananas
4 eggs
1/2 cup almond butter (or other kind of butter such as coconut, sunflower, peanut, etc)
4 tablespoons melted coconut oil
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/2 cup almond meal
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla
pinch of sea salt
chocolate chips, walnuts etc. (optional)

Instructions
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Combine bananas, eggs, nut butter and coconut oil into a mixing bowl and mix well. I used a Kitchen Aid mixer and suggest that or a handheld mixer.
- Add in coconut flour, almond meal, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, vanilla, and sea salt and mix well.
- Pour into a week greased loaf pan (I used coconut oil spray to grease my pan)
- Bake for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean
- Remove from oven and flip your bread out onto a cooling rack

No comments:

Post a Comment