May 20, 2015

What I Wore...Dress for Your Day

It's Katie! And I'm back with another outfit post (two in one week!). When I first started my job three years ago, it was an interesting adjustment to being allowed to wear jeans on Fridays. In fact, I was sort of against it. Fast forward, and I've fully embraced the idea. When it comes to a dress code, I believe in "dress for your day." Obviously if I have meetings with people from outside of my organization or they'll be in our office space, I dress accordingly. But sometimes on Fridays it's just me and my work (aka catching up from the insanity of the week). And it's really nice to have the option to wear more casual attire.


Last Friday was one of those days. Friend and fellow blogger Holly of The Glossy Lemon recently wore this J. Crew Popover, and I knew it would be a great, loose-fitting top for those nasty, humid D.C. summer days (and it even comes in tall). Paired with white jeans and Cole Haan oxfords (similar here, here, and here), I was ready to get stuff done.

1 comment:

  1. How did I miss this post?? Love it and thank you for the shout out! Don't you just love that top? So perfect for summer and I love how light weight it is.

    ReplyDelete