April 21, 2015

C & C in the Kitchen: Katie's Morning Smoothie

We're HUGE fans of smoothies here at C & C (check out previous recipes), and like the mini fashionista, a smoothie is a daily part of my diet. I'm not one of those people that wakes up in the morning, has a cup of coffee, reads the news and leisurely takes time to get ready for the day. Nope, not me. I'm maximizing every second of sleep I can possibly get and rushing out the door to the office with little time to spare.


That means on most days my morning smoothie can't have too many ingredients. That being said, it still needs to be packed with protein, fruits and veggies to power me through the day. And that can be done with four simple ingredients.


Katie's Morning Smoothie

- 1 scoop Vega Chocolate Protein & Greens protein Powder (20 grams of protein)(
  Sometimes I'll switch up the protein powder with Vega vanilla)
- Trader Joe's frozen organic spinach
- 1 frozen banana
- Coconut Water (or almond milk)

I'm trying to switch things up as much as I can during the reboot, but love that old reliable is always there when I need it. 

1 comment:

  1. I make the same thing, but sometimes throw in a tablespoon of PB2 to mix it up. Yum!

    ReplyDelete