October 22, 2014

C & C in the Kitchen: Reboot Recipes

Earlier this month Regan mentioned that I'm doing a 6-week reboot run by a longtime friend, Katie of Dietitian on a Mission. It's too late to sign up, but I'm sure she'll do one again in the future - and we'll make sure to give you a heads up. Here's the Reader's Digest version (minus the awesome recipes, meal plans, and motivational Facebook Group) - week one you're a vegetarian and a vegan (but you can have eggs)(no alcohol, caffeine, sugar, and gluten all 6 weeks), week two add fish, week three and four add poultry, week four and five add red meat/pork and natural/unrefined sugar sources. I'm at the beginning of week three and it's going great so far. I've had 2 or 3 cheats (namely a glass of wine when visiting with friends), but I kept it at one, and that's success in my mind. I haven't succumb to sugar, which is my biggest win - if you know me, I have a killer sweet tooth. Overall I feel really good and it's getting me in the kitchen and meal planning/prepping a lot more. I thought I'd share a few of my favorite re-boot friendly recipes.

This Chickpea Coconut Curry from Oh My Veggies was delicious and Dr. B approved. I added spinach at the end before serving to give an extra dose of veggies. This went on the Pinterest "made and loved"board, and will definitely make repeat appearances.


This is my go-to butternut squash soup (I add apple as well). It's ridiculously good, easy to make, and reboot friendly. A win, win, win. We had it for dinner last night. 


Oh My Veggies freezer-friendly veggie loaded chili was also a huge hit. And just like the recipe says, I've got a bag stored away for one of those nights I don't want to cook. 


And just because you're rebooting doesn't mean you have to deprive yourself of a treat. This date-sweetened banana bread is perfect for fall. And if you're like me and LOVE everything pumpkin, this maple pumpkin custard will do the trick (I substituted dates for the maple syrup, but will definitely be adding it week 5 and 6). 

Happy healthy eating! 



No comments:

Post a Comment