July 24, 2014

C & C Hosts a Baby Shower

Happy Thursday! We're almost through the week, and this girl (Katie) can't wait for the weekend to get here. Last weekend I had the pleasure of hosting a baby shower for a long-time college friend. I love entertaining and it was a fun reason to plan and execute on a brunch menu for 18 people. 


Not really being a crafty person, I relied on beautiful flowers (from Trader Joe's), a few paper products (from Shop Sweet Lulu), and a big buffet of food and drinks to do the talking. 


Menu
Butternut Squash and Kale Strata (it needed a little more than the prescribed time to cook)
Watermelon Salad with Mint Leaves (Next time I'd use less onion and dressing than it calls for)
Yogurt and Granola Bar with Fresh Berries

In addition to making the granola for the brunch, I also decided it would make a great party favor. In retrospect, I might not have conquered making ALL of this by myself. Making that much granola is no small undertaking - I had enough granola for an army of hippies. All that being said, it was DELICIOUS, and I think people were excited to take some home. In addition to eating, we played one game (in addition to not being crafty, I'm not really into shower games), where people had to match the baby names to their celebrity parents. I gave away nice lip balm as a prize. 


The guests and the guest of honor were happy, so I'd consider this baby shower a success! 



No comments:

Post a Comment