April 15, 2014

C & C in the Kitchen: Matcha Smoothies

I'm OBSESSED with smoothies. No really, I'd eat three a day if there was a travel version of my Vitamix. A friend recently sent me this recipe for Matcha vanilla smoothies from the blog Love and Lemons. 


First order of business...buy Matcha (thank you Amazon). Second, doctor the smoothie up to make it my own. Here's an estimate of what I put in.

1 frozen banana
1 cup Almond Milk
2 tsp Matcha
2 Dates
1 tsp vanilla
1 tbsp almond butter
3 ice cubes



Needless to say, it was delicious and the perfect energizer for a busy day at work. If you're not up on the Matcha, here are a few benefits - high in antioxidants, boosts memory and concentration, and fortifies the immune system.

If you're looking for other delicious smoothie recipes, my go-to is Dishing Up the Dirt. You can thank me later for this recommendation - it will change your life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment